Please be aware of how to exit this site quickly by clicking on the "exit" sign in the top right hand corner of your screen.
Please be aware that your computer stores information about the websites that you have visited.Learn how to delete this history by reading "Surf Safely" below.
Violence & Abuse Prevention Alliance
Violence and abuse are the most frequently occurring crimes in society. The majority of these crimes go unreported.
Many individuals will be repeatedly victimised throughout their life.
Experiencing these crimes can have a devastating effect on the people involved as well as those close to them.
www.vapa.ie is primarily an information website offering an overview of the different forms of violence and abuse being experienced daily and on an international basis. It also gives people the opportunity to voice their own opinions as well as support for those who have experienced or continue to endure violent or abusive behaviour.
** VAPA is currently conducting international research on abuse and criminality. This research gives you the chance to share your opinions and experiences in an anonymous and safe way. Your participation would be very much appreciated. Please click here
- Awareness: To create greater understanding of violence, abuse and issues related to these crimes (Violence & Abuse Information).
- Protection: The introduction of protection guidelines for anyone currently experiencing abusive behaviour or involved in potentially dangerous situations (Logbook, Protection & Help).
- Outlet: Offering the opportunity for people to express themselves, share their opinions and experiences in a safe and anonymous manner (Surveys)
- Alliance: The development of a diverse community who publicly express and endeavour to improve support for those who are or have experienced violence and abuse. (Become a member)
- Research: Continued high standard of research that is informed by people in the community for the purpose of increased victim protection and prevention or reduction of violent and abusive behaviour (Surveys)
Remember To Clear Your Browser's History
Browsers store a list of all sites visited but you can hide this very easily